Each session consists of six 45-minute lessons taught by American Red Cross certified instructors. Sessions typically run Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for two weeks. Saturday morning lessons are also available.
The cost is $65 per person per session. A limited number of scholarships are available for those that demonstrate financial need. There is a limit of two scholarships per household per season.
Online registration at www.stlucieco.gov/aquatics will begin March 25, 2019, for the following levels only: Parent/Child, Preschool 1, Level 1, and Adult. Once registration is complete, please print out and sign the receipt and waiver and bring to the first day of class. A signed waiver is required for all participants.
Before registering online, review the Level Descriptions carefully before choosing a level to ensure accurate level placement. By registering online, you are fully responsible for correct class placement of the participant. In the event that a participant is placed in the wrong class, we will attempt to find an opening in the correct level or session; however, there is no guarantee. If there is no availability in the correct level, a refund will be issued.
Beginning March 11, 2019, please call the Ravenswood Pool at (772) 871-2183 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 9am and 12pm to make an appointment for in-person registration and swim testing. In-person registration and swim testing for the Ravenswood Pool will be on Tuesday and Thursday evenings by appointment only between 5pm – 7pm beginning March 26, 2019. Once the pool is open for the season, you may come in to register anytime the pool is open to the public if a swim test is not needed.
We require that all participants in Preschool 2, Preschool 3, and Learn-to-Swim Levels 2A-5 either be swim tested. If your child has completed swim lessons with us in the past, bring the American Red Cross Swimmer’s Card that indicates the most recent level passed, and this will serve as a substitute for the swim test.
When attending your registration appointment, please make sure you bring a valid ID, a method of payment (we accept cash, check, or credit), and if your child is swim testing, a swim suit and towel. It is also recommended that you bring your schedule so you can plan which session(s) you are able to attend.
In order to register for swim lessons at our Lincoln Park or Lakewood Park locations please visit the pools during regular hours of operation, beginning May 25, 2019.
For any additional assistance, please call Erin Lau, Aquatics Program Supervisor, at (772) 871-8031.
Registration Guidelines and Tips
- Classes are filled on a first come first served basis and are open until all spots are filled or until the session has begun.
- In order to reserve your spot in a class, you must pay in full.
- Please keep in mind the possibility of student progression when signing up for multiple sessions.
- If you are unable to make a session you have paid for, please call the pool as soon as possible to discuss your options.
- Management reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes if deemed necessary.
Swim Lesson Guidelines and Tips
- The decision to cancel or reschedule a lesson due to bad weather is made 30 minutes prior to the start of the lesson. Once the decision to cancel has been made, an instructor will call the phone number on file. If you have not heard from us, and the weather looks questionable, please call the pool. If a class is cancelled by management, one make-up date is available for the week.
- Preschool levels have a ratio of six students per instructor. All other classes may have up to 10 students per instructor.
- Keep your receipt from your registration. It lists the dates, times, and level of your child’s class.
- Please plan your schedule carefully and make sure children arrive to their class on time. There will be NO make-up lessons or class credits due to late arrivals or missed classes.
- Please bring your child to their designated area every day where they will be greeted by their instructor.
- Parents or guardians must remain in the aquatics facility during the entirety of the child’s lesson, participants may NOT be dropped off.
- If children are not potty-trained, they are required to wear a swim diaper. A limited number of swim diapers are available for sale at the facilities.
- All participants must wear proper swim attire. Absolutely no cotton.
- It is always a good idea to wear sunscreen and other sun protection during class.
- To prevent distraction, please refrain from interacting with the children during the lesson.
- For safety reasons, please keep any children not in class away from the pool edge.
- Goggles are permitted in class, but they are not required. Children may be asked to remove goggles during some portions of the lesson.
- If you have any question or need assistance, please feel free to speak with the instructor or management after your child’s lesson.
- Remember that every child will progress at their own pace. Please have a positive and encouraging outlook towards swim lessons and their performance.
- Get more out of your child’s swim lessons by downloading the American Red Cross Swim App. Text SWIM to 90999, and a link to download the app will be sent to you.