The pools are currently closed and will re-open on May 25th for the 2019 season.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course (Bundle 2-HSSAQU422)
Price: $200.00 for Full Course – You must pre-enroll and 100% attendance is required
Location: Ravenswood Pool - 400 SW Ravenswood Lane, Port St. Lucie
Date & Time: 3/16/19 11:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.
CLASS SESSIONS (Monday - Friday)
3/18/19 - 3/22/19 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
This course is designed for entry-level participants at all facility types. Successful completion of the course certifies participants in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, AED, Emergency Oxygen Administration, and Bloodborne Pathogens Training. Certification is valid for 2 years. You will learn the following:
- Surveillance skills to help you recognize and prevent injuries
- Rescue skills – in water and on land
- First aid training and professional rescuer CPR with oxygen administration
- Professional lifeguard responsibilities
- Must be at least 15 years old. Please bring a form of I.D. for proof of age.
- Swim continuously for 300 yards; 100 yards freestyle / front crawl, 100 yards breaststroke, then 100 yards of your choice.
- Timed Event: Swim 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 6 feet, swim along the bottom for 10-15 feet and retrieve a 10 pound brick. Swim back 20 yards with the brick and exit the pool without using the steps or ladder within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs.
INSTRUCTIONS: Email Erin Lau at LauE@stlucieco.org to pre-enroll. You will not be allowed in the class if pre-enrollment has not been completed. Bring your own bathing suit as well as a pocket mask and whistle if possible. Payment is required upon completion of the pre-course and before the class begins. Please plan on an addition 5 -10 hours of study time at home. Please call (772) 871-8031 with questions.
400 SW Ravenswood Lane
5990 Emerson Ave
1311 Avenue M
The Aquatics team of St. Lucie County Parks & Recreation Department is here to provide health, safety, education, and enjoyment through efficient, competent, and professional services and programming.