Steps to Becoming an Individual Volunteer
Please review the steps below to become a volunteer at the Oxbow Eco-Center.
- Fill out the Oxbow Eco-Center Volunteer Online Application. This application provides a lot of details to help us understand your interests and goals, as well as the knowledge and skills you have to offer.
- From there we will contact you about scheduling an in person interview.
- Attend an Oxbow Orientation, which are held on the 1st Wednesday of the month at 3pm and the 2nd Saturday at 10am.
- Fill out the St. Lucie County Application and Background Screening. The Oxbow Eco-Center covers the cost of the background screening and fingerprinting, so we want you to be sure that you think we are a good fit for your goals of volunteering.
- The St. Lucie County Application and Background Screening will be forwarded to the Human Resources Department for processing. Once they have completed your background screening, they will contact you to set up fingerprinting.
- Once HR has approved you as a volunteer, you’re ready to begin!Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to discuss volunteer opportunities and assignments.We recommend that you volunteer a minimum of 4 hours per month to remain active and receive the benefits of being an Oxbow Volunteer.
Youth and Teens
Oxbow Eco-Center volunteer opportunities provide an excellent educational opportunity and skill development for students while helping the Oxbow fulfill our mission.
Minors 13-14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult parent/guardian while volunteering. It is highly recommended that the child and adult work side by side in their volunteer capacity.
Minors 15-17 may volunteer without adult supervision.
ALL Minors are required to obtain parental permission before volunteering.
Group volunteer opportunities are available for single day events and/or service projects. Fill out the group volunteer application and we will contact you for scheduling.