Please review the steps below to become a volunteer at the Oxbow Eco-Center.
- Complete the Oxbow Eco-Center Volunteer Online Application. This application provides details to help us understand your interests and goals, as well as your knowledge and skills.
- We will contact you about scheduling an in-person interview.
- Attend an Oxbow Orientation, held on the 1st Wednesday of each month at 3pm and the 2nd Saturday at 10am.
- Complete the St. Lucie County Application and Background Screening packet. Oxbow Eco-Center covers the cost of the background screening and fingerprinting; we want you to be sure that you think we are a good fit for your volunteering goals.
- The St. Lucie County Application and Background Screening will be forwarded to the Human Resources Department for processing. They will then contact you to arrange fingerprinting.
- Once HR has approved you as a volunteer, you’re ready to begin! Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to discuss opportunities and assignments. We recommend dedicating a minimum of 4 hours per month to remain active and enjoy the benefits of being an Oxbow Volunteer.
Youth and Teens
Oxbow Eco-Center volunteer programs provide excellent educational opportunities and skills development for students.
Minors 13-14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult parent/guardian while volunteering. It is highly recommended that child and adult work side-by-side while volunteering.
Minors 15-17 may volunteer without adult supervision.
ALL minors are required to obtain parental permission before volunteering.
Group volunteer opportunities are available for single day events and/or service projects. Fill out the group volunteer application and we will contact you to schedule.