To review and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) on Port related projects and to review and make recommendations on implementing and updating the Master Plan for the Port of Fort Pierce, as may be amended from time to time.
- At the Committee’s discretion, to review Federal and State policies or regulations concerning Port operations and safety as they may relate to the Port of Fort Pierce.
- To continually review Port operations, policies and safety.
- To review Port related projects and operations that substantially impact the Indian River Lagoon and make recommendations to protect the bio-diversity of the Indian River Lagoon.
- To review and make recommendations on projects within St. Lucie County that are included in the 2014 Martin and St. Lucie County Waterways Plan and that may impact or be impacted by Port of Fort Pierce operations.
Created ByThe Harbor Advisory Committee (HAC) was formed on April 27th, 1999, via Resolution 99-102, and was amended with Resolution 05-052 March 1, 2005 to amend the duties and membership of the HAC. The Harbor Advisory Committee was re-named The Port of Fort Pierce Advisory Committee (PFPAC) with Resolution 16-078 on May 17, 2016.
- The Fort Pierce Port Advisory Committee consists of nine (9) members
- Each member of the Board of County Commissioners shall appoint one (1) member to serve on the committee
- One (1) member shall be appointed by the Board at-large
- Three (3) members shall be selected for appointment by each of the following municipalities for two (2) year terms:
- Designee from the City of Port St. Lucie
- Designee from the City of Fort Pierce
- Designee from St. Lucie Village
- Each committee member appointee shall serve at the pleasure of their appointing board member.
- The at-large appointee will serve for no more than two (2) consecutive four (4) year terms
- The municipality designees shall serve for two (2) year terms
Required for a Quorum
The meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of each quarter in the Roger Poitras Administration Building in the 3rd Floor conference room.
Is Financial Disclosure Required to Serve?
Stan Payne, Port Director
Ali Matos-Durette, Services & Support Coordinator
|George Jones - Alternate
|Brad Currie - Vice Chairman
|| BOCC At-Large
|Bill Thiess - Chairman
|| St. Lucie Village
|Mayor Linda Hudson
|| City of Fort Pierce- At Will Basis
|| City of Port St. Lucie- At Will Basis