PurposeThe Planning & Zoning Commission (P&Z) has the power to review and make recommendations for approval, approval with conditions, approval with modifications or disapproval to the Board of County Commissioners on applications for development as well as initiate for review and make recommendations on amendments to the Land Development Code, Comprehensive Plan and Code and Compiled Laws.
Created ByThe Planning & Zoning Commission was created by Ordinance 71-5 & Chapter 12 of the Land Development Code.
All members of the Planning and Zoning Commission shall be registered voters and residents of St. Lucie County for at least two (2) years preceding appointment.
- The P&Z Commission has a total of ten (10) board members
- Five members are individually appointed by a Commissioner
- One is an Ex-Officio member with an indefinite appointment
- Four members are At-Large members
- The terms of the 5 members who are individually appointed by a Commissioner coincide with the terms of their appointing commissioners.
- The At-Large members are appointed for 4 year terms unless appointed for a partial term (Replaced an existing At- Large member whose term was not yet up)
Required for a Quorum
- 3rd Thursday of Every Month at 6 PM
- County Commission Chamber of the Roger Poitras Administration Annex located at 2300 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce, Florida
Is Financial Disclosure Required to Serve?
Sarah Smith, Planning Technician
Beverly Austin, Executive Assistant to the Planning & Development Director
|Edward "Ed" Lounds|| Commissioner Mitchell
| Craig Mundt
|| Commissioner Bartz
| William O'Dell
|William R. Smith|| Commissioner Townsend
|James A. Taylor, III||BOCC At-Large||11/2019|
|Robert J. Lowe Sr.||BOCC At-Large||11/2019|
| Bobby Hopkins, Vice Chair
|| BOCC At-Large
| Beau Slay
|| BOCC At-Large
| Marty Sanders
|| Ex-Officio (School Board)