The Board of Adjustment (BOA) has the power to authorize variances of the Land Development Code (LDC) in accordance with the provisions in Section 10.01.00. The board has the power to hear and decide appeals initiated by anyone aggrieved by any decision of an administrative official of the County with respect to the provisions of the code with some exceptions such as Wellfield Protection, Sea Turtle Protection, Wetland Protection and others. For more information regarding the exemptions, please review section 12.04.01 of the LDC in further detail. The BOA also has power to adopt rules of procedure that are not in conflict with the provisions of this code.
The BOA was created on September 21, 1971, by the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) adoption of Ordinance 71-5 and the Land Development Code (LDC), Section 12.04.01 outlines the powers and duties that govern the Board.
All members of the Board of Adjustment shall be registered voters and residents of St. Lucie County for at least two (2) years preceding appointment.
- Five (5) individually appointed members whose terms coincide with the terms of their appointee.
- If the position becomes vacant, the County Commissioner who initially appointed that member shall fill the vacancy.
- The filled vacancy shall be for the remainder of the unexpired term.
Required for a Quorum
- 4th Wednesday of every month
- County Commission Chamber of the Roger Poitras Administration Annex located at 2300 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce, Florida
Is Financial Disclosure Required to Serve?
Leslie Olson, Planning and Development Services Director
Board Liaison Designee
Kori Benton, Senior Planner
Vanessa Desnoyers, Planning Technician
|Ron Harris||Commissioner Dzadovsky||11/2020|
|Michael Jacquin||Commissioner Mitchell||11/2022|
|Captain Derek Foxx||Commissioner Bartz||11/2020|
|Robert Lowe Sr.
|Alexander Tommie|| Commissioner Townsend