BUILD TO SUIT MRO HANGAR
The last new commercial construction at the airport was two manufacturing buildings on Industrial 33rd in 1980. The last new building constructed by the county was Fire Station No. 4 in 2008. The last new hangar was constructed by our fixed base operator in 2008 - a 12,000-square-foot aircraft storage hangar
The hangar and site has been carefully designed to house a 737 or A320 and an Embraer 175 undergoing maintenance activities at the same time.
The hangar will be the second tallest structure on the airport at 59.5 feet – the tallest being the FAA Air Traffic Control Tower at more than 60 feet. It will feature over 32,000 square feet of space including more than 27,000 square feet of hangar area, 3,000 square feet of office space, 1,600 square feet of shops space, and a 600 square-foot fire room. The adjacent apron is large (150 ft. x 190 ft) and a perfect complement to the hangar.
St. Lucie County has the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and the Economic Development Administration (EDA) as our funding partners on this project with more than $3.8 million coming from the FDOT and $1.5 million from the EDA., towards a total projected cost of over $7.3 million.
This project is underway with Ahern Construction Corporation serving as the main contractor. Work is expected to be completed by the summer of 2020 with leasing options available sometime in late spring/early summer.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the median salary for an aircraft mechanic is more than $60,000 per year.
TCIA IS AN AWARD-WINNING AIRPORT THAT FEATURES:
• 6,492' Instrument Landing System runway
• 3,844 acres zoned for commercial and industrial use
• Close proximity (8 miles) to 1-95 and the Florida Turnpike
• Nearby access (5 miles) to rail and deep water seaport
• Recently renovated Passenger Terminal
• FM Air Traffic Control Tower
• Recently renovated US Customs and Border Protection on site
• Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Services on site
• Full service FBO and award-winning restaurant
• No Landing Fees
• Foreign Trade Zone #218
For more information contact Peter Jones at 772-462-1550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.