St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
St. Lucie County Planning & Development Services Modifies Processes due to COVID-19
In response to the State of Local Emergency Declaration due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and to better support our staff members and continue to provide outstanding public service to the needs of residents and businesses , the St. Lucie County Planning & Development Services, Building & Code Regulation Division is following the below measures until further notice:
Office Visit Modifications:
The Planning Division, Building Division, Code Enforcement and Contractor Licensing Divisions are closed to in-person transactions except as listed below for planning document intake, permit intake, document intake, complaint intake, and issuance of permits. We welcome you to call the office and are including phone numbers and email addresses of each employee within the department for your use as an attachment.
In-person consultations have been suspended as a general procedure until further notice. Plan reviewers can be available to speak with people in the lobby maintaining social distancing if no paperwork review is needed. We apologize for this inconvenience.
We are accepting payments by check and credit card only during this time. No cash will be accepted.
Permitting applications, Review Comments, Revisions, Issuance – New permit applications, etc. will be accepted with limited staffing in the drop off area established in the lobby of the main building. Electronic submittals are preferred. Building permits and all associated paperwork may also be submitted via email and regular mail.
- Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 2300 Virginia Ave., Fort Pierce, Fla., 34982.
- Permitting Staff are available by phone at 772-462-1553.
- Permit Submittals can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maximum file attachment size per email may not exceed 60 Mb.
- All documents must be submitted as a PDF.
- PDF documents may be provided on a CD, USB Drive or via mail.
- Instructions on how to properly scan permit packages and label files is available on our site or via email from our counter personnel. Please contact us at 772-462-1553 or via email at email@example.com for details and to be provided with a copy of the checklist.
- If you come in with more than two permits/items, you will be asked to get back in line to wait for your turn for intake.This will give all customers equal opportunity to have service, albeit at a much slower pace.We know this isn’t convenient and apologize for the change in service.
- Florida State Statute states Homeowner Builders MUST submit in person. We are reviewing options for these types of permits and will provide updates when available.
- Permit Renewals – This should be done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plan Reviews – Plan review will be done by staff in the office. DO NOT email plans directly to a plans reviewer.All submittals must be logged in and processed accordingly.
- Plans examiners can be reached via phone at the main office line at 772-462-1553 or by email. For a complete contact list, please visit - https://www.stlucieco.gov/departments-services/a-z/planning-anddevelopment-services/building-inspections/building-contacts
- Formboards and other paperwork can be emailed to email@example.com
- Revisions to plans can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off downstairs at the temporary permitting office.
- Inspections –Inspections scheduled will be performed daily.Inspectors will not come into the office unless they are required to do a plan review.We ask for your protection as well as the protection of our inspectors that we all practice social distancing and avoid handshakes or other contact.
- Fire Department – Plan review will continue.You will be responsible to provide your plans to the Fire Department and pay them directly for the review.
- Pre-Build and Pre-Con Meeting Requests:Please email email@example.com.Meetings will be conducted via phone or virtually.
- Code Enforcement Board – postponed until further notice.
- Construction Board of Adjustment & Appeals – postponed until further notice.
- Contractor Licensing Board – postponed until further notice.
Receive and document complaints. This can be done via online and telephone. Phone: 772- 462-1672 or you may contact Roxann Johnson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conduct drive-by site visits/field inspections/investigations. Code officers will be practicing social distancing to minimize risk and may not enter a building depending on circumstances.
- No inside inspections on tenant complaints. Complaint will be processed and landlord contacted to remedy the problem.
- Cases scheduled for the April Code Enforcement Board meeting will tentatively be continued to May and June.
- On-call weekend duty will continue until further notice – the number is 772-370-2545.
Please visit our website at www.stlucieco.gov for county-wide updates on the status of County buildings, meetings and operations.
The Building & Code Regulation Division will strive to maintain all customer-established timelines during this time. Due to unforeseen circumstances and the ever-changing information from the CDC, these policies may change. Please check our website for the latest updates. Thank you for your understanding while we navigate these new challenges.
For additional information and updates relating to St. Lucie County, please visit: www.stlucieco.gov/covid-19.