St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015 - Sea Turtle Hatching Season Ramps Up: Remember Sea Turtle-Friendly Practices on St. Lucie County Beaches
Sea Turtle-Friendly Practices include:
- Curbing your pet’s activities. Walton Rocks Beach is the official dog beach in St. Lucie County and dogs should be minded especially during nesting season. Digging up sea turtle nests is a serious matter.
- Do not disturb sea turtle nests.
- Hatchlings should not be handled and should be given unobstructed access to the ocean. Disoriented sea turtle hatchlings can be reported to Florida Fish and Wildlife at 1-888-404-FWCC.
- Please remove all beach furniture and other obstacles before sunset. Trash should be disposed of properly.
- Call local police or the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission if someone is harassing sea turtles, handling hatchlings or poaching: 1-888-404-FWCC.
- Beachfront residents should follow proper lighting requirements. Sea turtle-friendly lighting requirements remain in effect during nesting season, which in St. Lucie County is March 1 through Nov. 15.
For additional information about Sea Turtle Friendly Beaches, please contact Ken Gioeli,
Natural Resources Extension Agent, at 772 462-1660 or via email at email@example.com. For Code Compliance questions, please contact Monica Graziani at 772-462-1553.