St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
St. Lucie County Host Free Volunteer Tax Assistance Sites
Trained volunteers with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) programs will be providing free tax preparation assistance at eight locations throughout St. Lucie County starting in February.
VITA sites offer free tax filing assistance to those residents making less than $56,000 per year, while AARP sites off help to low- and moderate-income taxpayers. Assistance will be offered at the following locations:
- Indian River State College, 3209 Virginia Ave., Fort Pierce (Fort Pierce campus / Building B – Room 119): (VITA) Thursdays from 2 to 7 p.m. ending March 26. (772-462-7489)
- Keiser University, 9400 SW Discovery Way (Room 103), Port St. Lucie: (VITA) Wednesdays from 3 to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., ending April 11. (772-398-990)
- Kilmer Branch Library, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce: (VITA) Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., ending April 11. (772-462-1615) Note: Tax service will not be available on Feb. 29.
- Lakewood Park Branch Library, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce: (AARP) Tuesdays from noon to 3 p.m. and Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon (772-462-6870)
- Morningside Branch Library, 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie: (AARP) Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon (772-337-5632)
- Mustard Seed Ministries (Fort Pierce), 3130 South US 1, Fort Pierce: (VITA) Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., ending April 9. (772-465-6021)
- Mustard Seed Ministries (Port St. Lucie), 8311 South US 1, Port St. Lucie: (VITA) Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., ending April 8. (772-340-1406)
- Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., Port St. Lucie: (VITA) Mondays and Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., ending April 14. (772-344-4302)
Times and availability may vary, so please call ahead.
A list of potential paperwork that residents will need to bring to have their federal taxes prepared include: Proof of identification, Social Security numbers, birth dates of family members, property tax bills, all income documents, including wage and earning statement(s) W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers; interest and dividend statements from banks (forms 1099-Div); a copy of last year’s federal and state returns (if available); health care expenses; donation receipts and bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit.
Volunteers at all of the sites have been trained by the Internal Revenue Service. For more details about this program visit: www.irs.gov and search the “VITA” and click on “Free Tax Return Preparation for You by Volunteers.”
Please be aware that residents will not be able to contact the tax volunteers by calling the individual locations. For additional assistance and information please contact the IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center, 7410 South US 1, Port St. Lucie or call 772-340-5606.