St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
Woody, Buzz and Spiderman Make Their Way to the Morningside Library
The Morningside Branch Library’s Movie Matinee offers a double feature this November with “Toy Story 4” on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 2 p.m. and “Spider-Man: Far from Home” on Saturday, Nov. 30 at 2 p.m.
Featuring the voices of Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, “Toy Story 4” introduces a new toy to the mix as “Forky” joins Woody and the gang on a road trip. This animated feature is rated G with a running time of 100 minutes.
Featuring Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal, Peter Parker wants to temporarily hang up his “Spidey” suit and enjoy a class trip abroad, but is called back into action to face a new threat. This film is rated PG-13 with a running time of 100 minutes. Anyone younger than 13, who would like to attend, must be accompanied by or have a permission slip signed by a parent or guardian.
Additional family activities for the month include:
- Rhythm and Rhyme Storytime on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. Through rhymes, stories, movement and more this early literacy program is geared for children ages 2.5 years and older.
- Storytime Jam takes place on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Designed for ages 3 to 5, students can clap, dance and listen to stories as they learn literacy and socialization skills.
- Come explore the world of science, technology, engineering, art and math with S.T.E.A.M. Power! on Saturday, Nov. 2 at 2 p.m. Most suitable for students in grades K-5.
- Bilingual Storytime is slated for Friday, Nov. 15 at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy stories and music in this bilingual story time presented in Spanish and English.
- Legos for Kids on Saturday, Nov. 16 from 2 p.m. Suited for students in kindergarten through 5th grade. Students can play, build and learn with Legos.
- Ukulele for Kids strums into session on Saturday, Nov. 23 at 2 p.m. This program is best suited for upper elementary age students through teens. All youth 11 and under must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
For more information about Morningside Library events, call 772-337-5632 or visit www.stlucieco.gov/Library. The Morningside Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie.