St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners Earns Best Places to Work Designation for the Fourth Year in a Row
The St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners was named as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the St. Lucie County Human Resource Association.
A total of 15 local organizations and governmental entities were recognized during the St. Lucie County Human Resource Association’s 18th Annual “Best Place to Work” Awards Ceremony. St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners was recognized as one of five organizations in the “Large” Employer Category designated as a “Best Place to Work.” Commission Chair Linda Bartz accepted the award, thanking employees for their contributions and dedication to the community.
Dynamic national keynote speaker Phillip Van Hooser delivered well-received, thought-provoking insights on “Leading in the Community.”
The St. Lucie County Human Resources Association is the local chapter for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The St. Lucie County “Best Places to Work” Program is an award-winning program designed and managed by Gerry Hoeffner with Personnel Dynamics Consulting of Fort Pierce. Each year, turnover rates, growth percentages, employee development spending, promotion percentages, insurance packages and retirement plans participation are calculated. A total of 40 survey questions and 37 different measurements were used to determine the St. Lucie County’s Best Place to Work.
As a winner of “Best Places to Work”, St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners, with 822 employees, cited:
- 94.5 percent of the employees attended a training program in 2018 (survey average: 77.6 percent)
- 5.8 percent Growth Rate (survey average: 3 percent)
- IGNITE Leadership program and SPARK Mentoring program recognized nationally through HR.com
- Lean Six Sigma trained employees to create dynamic processes that continuously and objectively review systems for opportunities to improve efficiency, quality and customer service.
- Continuous support from employee with various charities in the community such as Breast Cancer Awareness, Toys for Tots, Veterans Assistance Center, United Way, collecting school supplies and more.
To learn more about St. Lucie County’s employment opportunities visit: www.stlucieco.gov/employment. And be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram Twitter and LinkedIn.