St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
Page-to-Screen Series Returns to the Kilmer Library
The Susan Broom Kilmer Branch Library’s Page-to-Screen Series returns this fall allowing book lovers to debate which was better the novel or the movie?
Held on the third Friday of the month at 1 p.m., participating adults will read the book; watch the film and discuss them.
- Sept. 20 – “The Light Between Oceans” (2016) is based on the 2012 book by M. L. Stedman. A WWI veteran and his wife raise an orphan who washed ashore on the isolated island where they live. The film is rated PG-13 with a running time of 132 minutes.
- Oct. 18 – “House of Sand and Fog” (2003) is based on the 1999 book by Andre Dubus. A recovering alcoholic tries to reclaim her bungalow from an Iranian-American couple who bought it at auction. The former owner feels the county took her property away unjustly and now she wants it back. The film is rated R with a running time of 126 minutes.
- Nov. 15 – “The Children Act” (2017) is based on the 2014 book by Ian McEwan. High Court judge Fiona Maye has to make a life-or-death decision for 17-year-old Adam. Legally still a child, Adam is refusing a life-saving blood transfusion. A hospital visit greatly affects them both as Adam's fate lies in Fiona's hands. The film is rated R with a running time of 106 minutes.
Copies of each selection will be available for check out. Note that all of the films in this series are rated R. No one under 17 will be admitted without a parent or guardian.
The Susan Broom Kilmer Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 101 Melody Lane. For more information about programs visit: www.stlucieco.gov/Library.