St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
Kilmer Library Trains a Dragon July 20
The Susan Broom Kilmer Library takes flight on Saturday, July 20 at 2 p.m. with the Movie Matinee showing of “How to Train a Dragon: The Hidden World.”
Featuring the voices of Jay Baruche and America Ferrera, this is the third film in this animated series. Hiccup discovers Toothless isn't the only Night Fury dragon, so he must seek "The Hidden World,” a secret Dragon Utopia, before a hired tyrant named Grimmel finds it first. The movie Is rated PG with a running time of 104 minutes.
Other family activities include:
- Family Storytime is held on the first Saturday of each month at 3 p.m.
- Storytime Jam on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. for ages 3-5. This early literacy program encourages reading, imagination and socialization.
- Rhythm and Rhyme Storytime on Fridays at 10:30 a.m. for ages 2-3. This weekly program focuses on early literacy through rhymes, stories, movement and more.
- Science Across the Universe program takes place on Thursdays at 3 p.m. through July 19. Designed for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, this program provides students with the opportunity to take part in hands-on science experiments. Come early, as space is limited.
- The Oxbow Eco-Center brings the great outdoors inside on Wednesday, July 10 at 2 p.m. Join us for a fun, educational and interactive skit featuring stories of universal proportion with the Oxbow’s educational outreach staff.
- Smokey Bear offers fire prevention tip on Wednesday, July 17 at 2 p.m. Presented by Ranger Raymond Kirkland f the Florida Forest Service, join us for this interactive presentation on fire prevention.
- Close out the summer with a Reading Dance Party on Wednesday, Jul 24 at 2 p.m. It’s the interactive dance party of the season – come dance and sing along with the library staff.
Parents and guardians are asked to stay with their children during these events.
The Kilmer Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 101 Melody Lane. For more information about children’s programs call Gicele Perna (Ms. Sally) at 772-462-2812, email email@example.com or visit: www.stlucieco.gov/Library.