St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
Registration Now Open for Oxbow’s Summer Camps
With the understanding that students learn best through experience, the Oxbow Eco-Center’s Summer Nature Camps cultivate knowledge, nurture a sense of wonder and inspire stewardship for the natural world in our students. Campers will participate in activities such as discovery hikes, wetland studies, animal programs, nature inspired S.T.E.M. projects, nature related games, art projects, insect collecting and more.
The Oxbow’s Summer Camp registration is now open. All camps will be held 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and are $200 per session. See camp session descriptions below.
- Discover Archery Camp:June 10 - 14 (ages 10-14) Ready, Aim, Release! Archery builds strength, endurance and mental focus all while having fun. This is an introductory course that will teach students the fundamental skills of archery. We will refine these skills while playing exciting games, challenging each other in tournaments and learning how archery can contribute to conservation.
- Wildlife Biology Bootcamp: June 24 – 28 (ages 10-14) Have you ever wondered what it takes to become a real-life scientist? Join us this summer as we journey through the animal kingdom and conduct our very own wildlife field studies. Experience what science looks like out in nature while also getting down and dirty in the lab. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to meet and learn from local biologists, ecologists and nature lovers.
- Ecosystem Explorers: July 8 – 12 (ages 6-9) Use your child's natural sense of curiosity to help grow your young naturalist's knowledge. Let our staff help them explore in a fun and safe environment where they'll use their imagination and learn about the fascinating world around them. We'll encourage exploration through nature walks, games and hands-on activities about Florida's diverse natural communities.
- Lego Robotics and Coding Adventure: July 15-19 (ages 8-12) In this fabulous and entertaining summer educational experience, campers will have fun dabbling in coding, robotics labs and science experiments while learning new skills. Each day. campers work in teams to complete hands-on missions using LEGO Mindstorm kits, EV3 Core kits, LEGO Wedo kits, Ozobots, Sphero balls and other hands-on kits.
- Archery Adventure Camp:July 22-26 (ages 10-14) Ready to take it to the next level? In this advanced archery class, you'll step up your archery game. We will explore equipment, refine skills and experiment with different archery activities. This camp is for students that have attended our intro course, previous camps or have equivalent experience.
- The Art of Puppetry:July 29 – Aug. 2 (ages 8-12) Puppets are a delight for all ages and have been used for thousands of years to tell stories and entertain audiences. In this specialized camp, participants learn about the many kinds of puppets and how to operate them. Campers also learn about staging, props, scripts, backdrops, music and more. Best part: campers will build their own puppets and prepare a special show for family and friends.
Don’t miss this opportunity for your child to have an unforgettable Oxbow camp experience. Registration is limited to keep groups small and ensure instructors have high-quality interactions with each and every camper
Camp registration available online at www.oxboweco.com and click on the ‘Summer Camps’ tab. If you need assistance with online registration, please call our Environmental Education Coordinator Natalie Frendberg at 772-785-5842.
Managed and operated by St. Lucie County’s Environmental Resources Department, the Oxbow Eco-Center, located at 5400 NE St. James Drive in Port St. Lucie, is a St. Lucie County Environmental Learning Center encompassing 225 acres along the St. Lucie River. For more information contact the staff at 772-785-5833 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.oxboweco.com.