St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
Morningside Library Announces 2019 Book Selections for Tuesday Afternoon Group
The Tuesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group at the Morningside Branch Library has released its novels for 2019. Meetings are scheduled for the first Tuesday of each month at 2 p.m. and are open to everyone.
Selections for 2019 include:
- Jan. 8 – “An American Marriage” by Tayari Jones
- Feb. 12 – “I Still Dream About You” by Fannie Flagg
- March 12 – “Still Alice” by Lisa Genova
- April 9 – “Tiger’s Wife” by Tea Obreht
- May 14 – “Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity” by Katherine Boo
- June 11 – “Peace Like a River” by Lief Enger
- July 9 – “Life after Life” by Jill McCorkle
- Aug. 13 – “Hunting and Gathering” by Anna Gavalda
- Sept. 10 – “Blackbird House” by Alice Hoffman
- Oct. 9 – “Faithful Place” by Tana French
- Nov. 12 – “A Man Called Ove” by Fredrik Backman
- Dec. 10 – “Color of Water” by James McBride
A limited number of library copies of each selection are available for checkout on a first-come, first-served basis. All selections are in print and most are available in paperback. Many are also available as e-book purchases.
The Morningside Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie. For more information call the Morningside Branch Library at 772-337-5632 or visit: www.stlucieco.gov/Library.