St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
Port St. Lucie Library Announces 2019 Book Selections for Thursday Afternoon Group
The Thursday Afternoon Book Discussion Group at the Port St. Lucie Branch Library has released its novels for 2019. The group meets on the first Thursday of each month at 3 p.m. and open to everyone.
Selections for 2019 include:
- Jan. 3 – “The Liars’ Club by Mary Karr
- Feb. 7 – “The Wicked Girls” by Alex Marwood
- March 7 – “Faithful Place” by Tana French
- April 4 – “Mudbound” by Hillary Jordan
- May 2 – “Reading Lolita in Tehran” by Azar Nafisi
- June 6 – “An American Marriage” by Tayari Jones
- July 11 – “One Thousand White Women” by Jim Fergus
- Aug. 1 – “We Were the Lucky Ones” by Georgia Hunter
- Sept. 5 – “Life after Life” by Jill McCorkle
- Oct. 3 – “The Truth According to Us” by Annie Barrows
- Nov. 7 – “Go Set a Watchman” by Harper Lee
- Dec. 5 – “Driving the King” by Ravi Howard
A limited number of library copies of each selection are available for checkout on a first-come, first-served basis. All selections are in print and most are available in paperback. Many are also available as e-book purchases.
The Port St. Lucie Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 180 SW Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie. For more information call the Morningside Branch Library at 772-871-5450 or visit: www.stlucieco.gov/Library.