St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
Lewis Library Announces 2019 Book Selections for the Wednesday Afternoon Group
The Wednesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group at the Paula Lewis Branch Library has released its novels for 2019. Meetings are scheduled for the first Wednesday of each month at 2 p.m. (except for July) and are open to everyone.
Selections for 2019 include:
- Jan. 2 – “Handmaid’s Tale” by Margaret Atwood
- Feb. 6 – “Circling the Sun” by Paula McLain
- March 6 – “Immortalists” by Chloe Benjamin
- April 3 – “An American Marriage”by Tayari Jones
- May 1 – “In the Lake of the Woods” by Tim O’Brien
- June 5 – “Origin” by Dan Brown
- July 3 – “Can’t Wait to Get to Heaven” by Fannie Flagg
- Aug. 7 – “Pachinko” by Min Jin Lee
- Sept. 4 – “The Secret Wisdom of the Earth” by Christopher Scotton
- Oct. 2 – “Warlight” by Michael Ondaatje
- Nov. 6 – “White Houses” by Amy Bloom
- Dec. 4 – “Wright Brothers” by David McCullough
A limited number of library copies of each selection are available for checkout on a first-come, first-served basis. All selections are in print and most are available in paperback. Many are also available as e-book purchases.
The Paula A. Lewis Library is located at 2950 SW Rosser Blvd. in Port St. Lucie. For additional information about library events visit: www.stlucieco.gov/library or call 772-871-5482.