St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
Lakewood Park Library Announces 2019 Book Selections for Wednesday Group
The Wednesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group at the Lakewood Park Branch Library has released its reading selections for 2019. The group meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 3 p.m. and is open to everyone.
Selections for 2019 include:
- Jan. 2 – “Unbroken” by Laura Hillenbrand
- Feb. 6 – “The Devil in the White City” by Erik Larson
- March 6 – “State of Wonder” by Ann Patchett
- April 3 – “Becoming Nicole” by Amy Ellis Nutt
- May 1 – “Identical Strangers” by Paula Bernstein
- June 5 – “A Man Called Ove” by Fredrik Backman
- July 3 – “Warlight” by Michael Ondaatje
- Aug. 7 – “The Boys in Boats” by Daniel James Brown
- Sept. – “4 Salvage the Bones” by Jesmyn Ward
- Oct. 2 – “The Kommandant’s Girl” by Pam Jenoff
- Nov. 6 – “All the Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr
- Dec. 4 – “I am the Clay” by Chaim Potok
A limited number of Library copies of each selection are available for checkout on a first-come, first-served basis. All selections are in print and most are available in paperback. Many are also available as e-book purchases.
The Lakewood Park Branch Library of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce, in northern St. Lucie County. For more information about this program call at 772-462-6870 or visit: www.stlucieco.gov/Library.