St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Visit St. Lucie App (Visitor & Tourist Information)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert
St. Lucie County Seeks Volunteers for Infrastructure Surtax Oversight Committee
St. Lucie County Commissioners are looking for civic-minded residents to serve on the Infrastructure Surtax Oversight Committee to help monitor the projects of the projects being constructed through the half-cent sales tax, approved by voters this past November.
Applications should be submitted by Thursday, Dec. 20 for consideration. The oversight committee will be comprised of seven members with each Commissioner appointing one resident as well as two at-large members. The group will meet quarterly starting in early 2019. The minimum requirements are:
- Must be a St. Lucie County resident;
- Must not be related to another committee member, County Commissioner or county employee involved with the committee of interest;
- Must not be employed by the same business entity as other committee members;
- Must not serve on more than two county committees (does not apply to Ad Hoc Committees).
Applications to serve on the Surtax Oversight Committee are available on the county's website at: www.stlucieco.org/boards.
The term of each member of the committee appointed by an individual Board member
will coincide with the terms of the County Commissioner that appointed the member to the Infrastructure Oversight Committee.
The half-cent sales tax was approved by voters in November, creating roughly $9 million in revenue for St. Lucie County to focus on infrastructure improvement projects such as roads, sidewalks and stormwater improvement projects. The additional half-cent sales tax begins generating revenue Jan. 1 and is set to expire in 10 years, unless voters choose to renew it. A list of projects can be found online at www.slchalfcent.org.