St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
Halloween Hits the Port St. Lucie Library this October
The Port St. Lucie Branch Library is getting into the spirit of Halloween this October with several spooky programs.
- Far Out Fables on Saturday, Oct. 1 at 2 p.m. – Join us for inspiration in writing by listening to stories told in different ways, then create your own story to share. Most suited for students in grades 3 through 7.
- The Exquisite Corpse on Saturday, Oct. 15 at 2 p.m. - Ever heard of an Exquisite Corpse? It's not what you might think. An Exquisite Corpse is an old game in which people write a phrase on a sheet of paper, fold it over to conceal part of it and pass it on to the next player to do the same. Participants will work in teams to create artistic elements to the story and tell our tale, complete with visual displays at the end. Most suited for students in grades 6 through 12.
- Chilling Tales on Saturday, Oct. 22 at 10:30 a.m.– It is a very dark, eerily and quiet night when you look up from your desk and peer out the window... Come out and work as a group to get creative and write the rest of this chilling tale! Most suited for students in grades kindergarten and up.
- Chalk Art on Saturday, Oct. 29 from 10:30 a.m. to noon - Patrons of all ages are invited to come and decorate the library’s sidewalk with Halloween-themed art. The library will supply the chalk, just bring your creativity. This event is free open to all ages.
Don’t forget other programs such as Legos Fun on Saturday, Oct. 8 at 2 p.m.; Crazy 8 Math Club on Tuesdays at 4 p.m.; the S.T.E.A.M. Early Release Program on Wednesday, Oct. 26 at 2:30 p.m. and weekly storytimes: Just Baby and Me on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.; Rhythm and Rhyme on Fridays at 10:30 a.m. and S.T.E.M. Stoytime on Fridays at 11 a.m.
The Port St. Lucie Branch Library is located 180 Prima Vista Blvd. For additional information call 772-871-5450 or visit: http://library.stlucieco.gov.