St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
2016 4-H Southern Swine Feral Hog Challenge Slated for Sept. 23-24
The UF/IFAS St. Lucie County Extension’s 2016 4-H Southern Swine Feral Hog Challenge will be conducted Sept. 23-24 at the St. Lucie County Fairgrounds and Equestrian Center. Hunters interested in participating in this challenge can find information, rules and team registration online at http://www.southernswines.org.
Feral hogs are now found in every county in Florida and in at least 35 states and Canadian provinces. Southeast Florida’s feral hog population is second only to Texas and is estimated to have more than 500,000 wild hogs in a relatively stable population. Feral hogs can cause damage by rubbing or tusking small trees and by rooting up native vegetation. This program will encourage feral hog hunters to compete for top prizes while removing invasive feral hogs from the environment.
Previous year’s events have received national recognition:
- 2013 Innovative Program Award from the Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals
- 2014 Achievement Award from National Association of Counties (NACO)
- Journal of Extension http://www.joe.org/joe/2015august/iw7.php
Program: 2016 4-H Southern Swine Feral Hog Challenge
Dates: Event takes place Friday and Saturday, Sept. 23-24
Location: Weigh-in will be conducted at the St. Lucie County Fairgrounds, 15601 W. Midway Road, Fort Pierce, 34979
Registration: Contact Jennifer Clanton, 772-370-5025