St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert.
Secure Your Child’s Spot at Oxbow Eco-Center’s Summer Camps
Parents looking for fun, engaging and educational camps for their aspiring artist or naturalist can still register them for the Oxbow Eco-Center’s variety of summer camps.
From budding forest ranger, to kids interested in wildlife, to the creative or technology savvy child, the Oxbow camps offer something for everyone. Be sure to secure your spot now before they fill up by calling the Oxbow at 772-785-5833 or going online for registration packets at www.oxboweco.com.
- “Forest Discovery Camp” immerses children in what it means to be a forest ranger by studying the ecology of trees and forest habitats, mapping and orienteering, and managing for diversity and the health of the forest and all its inhabitants. Young naturalists will be enchanted by the mysteries of the Oxbow forest. Forest Discovery Camp is designed for kids ages 8-12 and runs from June 13 – 17 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The cost of the camp is $110.
- Let your kids go wild and learn about Florida’s wildlife the old-fashioned way – meeting live animals and studying their life histories and the roles they play in the environment.Oxbow’s “Going Wild Camp” is for any child who loves animals and wants to learn more about them in a more intimate way.They’ll be introduced to "Piney," the vanishing Florida pine snake, "Stormy," the alligator, and many more. They’ll even learn about exotic species, the damage they do to Florida’s wilderness, and the importance of being a responsible pet owner. Don’t let your young naturalist miss out on this one of a kind animal camp. Going Wild Camp is designed for kids ages 7-9 and runs from June 20-24 rom 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The cost of the camp is $110.
- “Spirit of Nature Art Camps” are some of Oxbow’s most popular and perfect for your aspiring young artist. This year’s camps focus on “Art Around the World,” and are packed with a wide variety of art projects to stimulate your child’s creativity. The camps incorporate nature and recycling into artistic creations so your child comes home with ideas on creating art from common household items and ‘trash.’ The first Spirit of Nature art camp is designed for kids ages 7-10 and will run from July 11 – 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The cost of the camp is $95. The second Spirit of Nature art camp is designed for kids ages 10-16 and will run from July 18 – 22 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost of this camp is $125.
- For the more tech savvy child, Oxbow is proud to offer “Robotics and Lego Camps.” These fun, hands-on technology and nature-based camps introduce the work of the most ingenious engineer of all – Mother Nature! Participants will build, program, and explore clever robot models of different creations using Lego Bricks. From animals to plants to extreme weather this camp has something for everyone. The Junior Lego Camp that runs from July 25 – 29 for 6 to 9 year olds is full. You may request being put on the waiting list in the event of a cancellation.There are still openings for the Robotics and Lego Camp for 10 to 14 year olds, which runs from Aug. 1 – 5 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Cost of the camp is $120.
Inspire your child’s life-long learning and creativity at the Oxbow Eco-Center’s fun and educational summer camps. All camp registrations are on a first-come first-served basis, and require a full registration packet and payment. Go online at www.oxboweco.com for registration packets or call the Oxbow at 772-785-5833.
The Oxbow Eco-Center is a St. Lucie County Environmental Learning Center located at 5400 N.E. St. James Drive, Port St. Lucie, FL 34983. For more information, contact the Oxbow at 772-785-5833, send an email to email@example.com, or visit www.oxboweco.com.