St. Lucie County Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals Meeting
- Date: 06/17/2020 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- Location: Commission Chambers
2300 Virginia Ave
Fort Pierce, Florida 34982
ORDER NO. 20-019
AN ORDER AMENDING THE ST. LUCIE COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR’S
MARCH 19, 2020 ORDER NO. 20-001 REGARDING
5050 NORTH HIGHWAY A1A, FORT PIERCE, FL
WHEREAS, the St. Lucie County Administrator has made the following determinations:
- On March 17, 2020, the St. Lucie County Public Safety Director declared a State of Local Emergency Covid-19 Public Health Emergency (“St. Lucie County Declaration of Emergency”); and
- The Findings contained in the St. Lucie County Declaration of Emergency are incorporated herein.
- On March 20, 2020, the Governor of the State of Florida issued Executive Order Number 20-69 suspending any Florida Statute that requires a quorum to be present in person or requires a local government body to meet at a specific public place and providing that local government bodies may utilize communications media technology such as telephonic and video conferencing, as provided in Section 120.54(5)(b)2, Florida Statutes.
- On March 24, 2020, the Governor of the State of Florida issued Executive Order No. 20-83 directing the State Surgeon General and State Health Officer to issue a public health advisory to all persons over 65 years of age and persons that have serious underlying medical conditions that place them at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 urging them to stay home and to take such other measures as necessary to limit their risk of exposure to COVID-19; and
- Pursuant to Executive Order No. 20-83, the Governor of the State of Florida further directed the State Surgeon General and the State Health Officer to issue a public health advisory providing that individuals should cease all social or recreational gatherings of 10 or more people; and
- On March 25, 2020, the State Surgeon General issued a Public Health Advisory consistent with Executive Order 20-83; and
- On March 25, 2020, the President of the United States declared that a major disaster exists in the State of Florida as a result of COVID-19; and
- On March 2, 2020, Mark A. Walpert filed a Notice of Appeal to the St. Lucie County Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals pertaining to his residential building on 5050 North Highway A1A; and
- Section 13.00.01 of the Building Code, Subsection 6 requires the St. Lucie County Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals shall meet within thirty (30) calendar days after a Notice of Appeal has been received; and
- On March 12, 2020, a Notice of Hearing was sent to Mark A. Walpert setting a hearing date of Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 8:30 am in the St. Lucie County Commission Chambers at the St. Lucie County Administration Building Annex, Third Floor, 2300 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce, FL; and
- On March 19, 2020, the County Administrator issued an Order extending the hearing date to April 22, 2020 at 8:30 am in the St. Lucie County Commission Chambers at the St. Lucie County Administration Building Annex, Third Floor, 2300 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce, FL; and
- On April 1, 2020, the Governor of the State of Florida issued Executive Order 20-91 directing senior citizens, individuals with a significant underlying medical condition, and persons engaging in nonessential services or activities to stay at home; and
- On April 7, 2020, the County cancelled all County public meetings through April 30, 2020 due to Executive Order 20-91; and
- Paragraph 2 of the St. Lucie County Declaration of Emergency provides that the County Administrator may take all actions necessary and appropriate to protect human life and prosperity, to the extent necessary to accommodate the emergency.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDERED AS FOLLOWS:
- The determinations, orders, and declarations identified above are incorporated herein.
- To best protect the health, safety, and welfare of the County and its residents, the hearing set for Thursday, April 22, 2020, is further continued to June 17, 2020 at 8:30 am.This rescheduled hearing date is subject to modification.
- This Order shall become effective immediately upon signing, this ______ day of April 2020 at_________ (am) (pm).
As a result of the public health emergency that exist in the State of Florida as a consequence of the COVID-19 coronavirus, in light of the guidelines established by the Center for Disease Control for the protection of all members of the community, and with the authority granted by Executive Orders issued by Governor Ron DeSantis, St. Lucie County Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals gives notice that they will conduct a hearing of an appeal by the owner of the property of 5050 North Highway A1A using communications media technology on June 17, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. in the Commission Chambers, Roger Poitras Annex, 3rd Floor, St. Lucie County Administration Building, 2300 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce, Florida. The public will be able to physically attend this meeting but seating in the Chambers will be regulated to comply with social distancing protocols. Members of the public who do attend are encouraged to wear masks or similar devices, which cover the nose and mouth.
St. Lucie County is committed to promoting transparency and engaging the public in all crucial County decisions. Members of the public who desire to listen to the informal County meeting may call 1-888-204-5987, access code 5842645.