- Date: 02/20/2020 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Douglas M. Anderson Emergency Operations Center
15305 W Midway Rd
Fort Pierce, Florida 34945
This interactive civic and public information program is a free, six-week course aimed at giving residents an opportunity to learn more about their county government. The program will focus on how local government works, promote open communication and offer a clearer understanding of how employees are working to serve the public.
- Meet members of the Board of County Commissioners, department heads and staff;
- Tour county facilities such as the Treasure Coast International Airport and Emergency Operations Center;
- Enjoy comprehensive overviews of departments and programs and services
- Discover the current status and future plans for St. Lucie County development, projects and other topics;
- Learn how decisions are made and departments operate;
- Participate in lively discussions and fun interactive activities
- Become an informed, involved resident.
Refreshments will be served at the beginning of each session. Registration is open to anyone aged 18 or older who lives, works, attends school or owns property in St. Lucie County.
Enrollment is limited to 20 participants with an application deadline of Thursday, Jan. 30. Applications are available at County Administration (2300 Virginia Ave., Fort Pierce, FL 34982) or online at www.stlucieco.gov/CitizensAcademy. For more information, please contact Kelly Phelan at 772-462-1156 or via e-mail at email@example.com.