Common Code ViolationsCode: 7.10.03- Animals in a Residential District
- Explanation: You may not have more then 3 domestic pets in a residential zone. All barnyard and farm animals are prohibited from this zoning.
Code: 2-5-5: Certificate of Competency
- Explanation: Any person and or company engaging in business as a contractor is required to have a certificate of competency. Please note that this is not the same as an Occupational License.
Code: 6.00.03 - Vegetation Removal Permits
- Explanation: Before any clearing or removal of trees contractors and homeowners should check with the Environmental Dept. A Permit or Examption may be required. Properties over 1 acre or trees messuring 24 inches or more in diameter will require a permit.
Code: *Revised* 8.00.03(F) LDC - Outside Storage Of Boats, Trailers, & RV's:
- Explanation: No property can have more then 2 vehicles on their property unless over 1 acre. All boats, trailers, and RV's that are parked in the front of the property must be on a concrete pad, you can only have one vehicle in the front area of the property.
Code: 7.10.14 - LDC Or 1-20-42 CCL - Heavy Vehicles In A Residential Zone:
- Explanation: Any vehicle (trucks, box trucks, bread vans, construction equipment, trailers, etc.) that weighs more then 10,000 lbs. GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) or has dual axles cannot be parked or stored in a residentially zoned area. These types of vehicles must be stored in a commercial zone. They are also not to be parked on any county right of way.
Code: Section 1-9-17 Code & Compiled Laws:
- Explanation: Junk, Trash, and Debris on the Right Of Way. Any items disposed or placed on county right of way even for pick-up must be removed within a reasonable time. If your local pick-up service has not picked up your items, you should contact them, as you items may not meet regulations.
Code: Section 1-9-19 Code & Compiled Laws:
- Explanation: Unserviceable or abandon vehicles - any vehicle without proper tags and registration, missing engine and body parts, flat tires, broken lights or windshield, or is not road worthy will be considered an unserviceable vehicle. Vehicles like this found in the Right Of Way or on vacant property are considered as abandon vehicles. For a copy of this code or definitions please contact us at 462-1571.
Code: Section 11.05.01 LDC:
- Explanation: LDC = Land Development Code - Building without a permit. Anytime renovations are made, a new structure is added, plumbing, electrical, fences, sheds, decks, docks, etc. have been altered a permit is required. Starting required work without the proper permits can result in Stop Work Order Fees - $100, Double Permit Fees, and Code Enforcement Board fines. If you are not sure that you need a permit you should contact the Building Department before beginning. You can call 462-1553 for information, and please be specific.
Code: Section 1-9-32(D)Code & Compiled Laws:
- Explanation: Unsanitary Nuisance - all property must be maintained as not to cause an unsanitary nuisance to surrounding properties. High grass and pepper trees are big causes of unsanitary nuisances.
Code: Section 1-9-19 Code & Compiled Laws
- Explanation: Junk, Trash, & Debris: Items stored outside, or left out side must be moved to a fully enclosed building. Such as: wood, metal, cans, building materials, furniture, etc. Carports are not fully enclosed buildings. Large accumulation of items will be considered junk or salvage and is not permitted in residential areas. For a copy of this code or definitions please contact us at 462-1571.