Free Tax Assistance Offered At Six Public Sites in SLC
All tax assistance is provided by trained volunteers and is offered at no charge. There are no appointments; clients will be served on a first-come, first-served basis. Assistance will be offered at the following locations:
- Fort Pierce Branch Library, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce: Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon
- Lakewood Park Branch Library, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce: Wednesdays from 5 – 7 p.m., Thursdays from 1 – 3 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Morningside Branch Library, 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie: Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. – noon.
- Mustard Seed Ministries (Fort Pierce), 3130 South US 1, Fort Pierce: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Mustard Seed Ministries (Port St. Lucie), 8311 South US 1, Port St. Lucie: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., Port St. Lucie: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
A list of potential paperwork that residents will need to bring to have their federal taxes returns prepared include: Proof of identification, Social Security numbers, birth dates of family members, property tax bills, all income documents, including wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers; interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099-Div); a copy of last year’s Federal and State returns (if available) ; health care expenses; donation receipts and bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit.
Volunteers at all of the sites have been trained by the Internal Revenue Service. For more details about this program visit: www.irs.gov and search the “VITA” and click on “Free Tax Return Preparation for You by Volunteers.”
Please be aware that residents will not be able to contact the tax volunteers by calling the individual locations. For additional assistance and information please contact the IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center, 7410 South US 1, Port St. Lucie or call 772-340-5606.