Hazardous Waste is characterized by being either Corrosive, Flammable, Reactive, or Toxic.
Residents of St. Lucie County can bring acceptable Household Hazardous Waste to the Solid Waste Baling & Recycling Facility for disposal FREE of charge. The facility is permitted to accept ONLY home-generated hazardous waste from St. Lucie County residents within the following quantities: up to 5 gallons of liquid per household per day and up to 100 pounds of dry/granular material per household per day. Business generated or commercial hazardous waste will NOT be accepted under any circumstances.
The Facility is NOT Permitted to Accept:
- Ammunition (Bullets, Shotgun Shells, etc.)
- Bio-hazardous Waste (Sharps/Needles)
- Business Generated or Commercial Hazardous Waste
- Explosives (Dynamite, Fireworks, etc.)
- Latex Paint* Please see disposal information below.
- Radioactive Waste (Smoke Alarms/Detectors)
*Latex Paint is water based and not considered hazardous, but it MUST be completely dried to a solid before disposing in your trash. Click here for information about drying latex paint.
Businesses looking for Hazardous Waste Information please click the following link: Small Quantity Generator Program
Solid Waste Baling & Recycling Facility
6120 Glades Cut-Off Road
Fort Pierce, FL 34981