If you have been denied financial aid, St. Lucie County’s Community Services Department’s Second Chance program may be able to help.
The Second Chance program was designed to assist Indian River State College students who have lost their financial aid due to
- Low GPA
- Over completion rate
Only students who need 10 classes or less to graduate or to reinstate their financial aid are eligible.
- Open only to St. Lucie County residents.
- Applicant must meet Florida residency requirements as established by Indian River State College.
- Income eligibility is based on household size. A household is defined as all individuals residing at the same address.
- Applicant must have applied and been denied financial aid.
- All inquiries for assistance must be made two (2) weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- Assistance cannot be provided for out-of-state tuition.
- Students over the credit limit are not eligible.
- Assistance based on available funding.
- Verifying documentation required.
- Other restrictions apply.
St. Lucie County residents interested in receiving assistance to complete their secondary education at Indian River State College should contact Community Services at 772-462-1777 to complete a prescreen.
Second Chance Education Assistance Questionnaire