St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Visit St. Lucie App (Visitor & Tourist Information)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert
Kilmer Library Launches New Page to Screen Series
Is the book always better than the movie? Here’s your chance to discuss that often debatable question at the Susan Broom Kilmer Branch Library’s Page to Screen Series: A film and book discussion for adults.
Held on the third Friday of the month from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., participating adults will read the book; watch the film and discuss them.
- June 15 – “Rebecca” (1940) is based on the 1938 book by Daphne Du Maurier. A self-conscious bride is tormented by the memory of her husband's dead first wife. The film is not rated with a running time of 130 minutes
- July 20 – “The Help” (2011) is based on the 2009 book by Kathryn Stockett. The story of three African American maids working in white households in Jackson, Miss., during the early 1960s. Rated PG-13 with a running time of 146 minutes.
- August 17 – “The Sense of an Ending” (2017) is based on the 2011 book by Julian Barnes. A man becomes haunted by his past and is presented with a mysterious legacy that causes him to re-think his life. Rated PG-13 with a running time of 108 minutes.
Copies of each selection will be available for check out.
The Susan Broom Kilmer Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 101 Melody Lane. For more information about programs visit: www.stlucieco.gov/Library.