Morningside Library Technology Training Focuses on Google This Spring
PORT ST. LUCIE – Instead of Googling that - let Morningside Branch Library help you learn about “All things Google” with a series of Technology Trainings this March and April.
Held on Tuesdays at 6 p.m. and Fridays at 2 p.m., this four-part series focuses on:
- Searching with Google on March 20 and 23
- Using Gmail on March 27 and 30
- Backup and Storage with Google Drive on April 17 and 20
- Navigating with Google Maps on April 24 and 27.
Did you know Saturday, March 31 is World Backup Day? What would you do if you lost everything? Join the Morningside staff for a free technology workshop on Saturday, March 31 at 2:30 p.m., where staff will discuss:
- What is the “Cloud;” how do you use it and is it secure?
- Backup techniques for mobile devices and tablets.
- How Google can help you to backup documents and pictures.
Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops, smartphones and/or tablets as these are hands-on learning sessions. Please remember to charge your device, bring any passwords you may need to gain access to existing accounts and your Library card.
These programs are free and open to the public. Reservations are not required, but seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information about Morningside Library events call 772-337-5632 or visit www.stlucieco.gov/Library. The Morningside Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie.