District 2: Tod Mowery
Commissioner Tod Mowery is a married father of two children whose professional career spans both private and public sectors. His public experience includes time spend overseas in Geneva and Zambia Africa and 10 years in city management, including Michigan and Jupiter, Florida. He served for two years as the Chairman of the Board of the St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners and currently is in his 2nd term of office. His private sector experience includes managing and now owning a local consulting practice providing services in economic development, landscape architecture, and land planning.
Commissioner Mowery is very involved locally in area civic and community projects. He has been an active competitive soccer coach and regularly leads missions and humanitarian teams to Haiti. He serves on the Board for Missionary Flights (he is a licensed pilot), St. Andrews Episcopal Academy Board, the St. Lucie County Education Foundation Board, Chairman of the Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council and serves on many others. Commissioner Mowery has a bachelor’s degree in business management and a master’s degree in urban and regional planning from the University of Tennessee. His wife is a local teacher and an eight-year army vet (combat medic). They have been in Florida since 2005.
Boards and Committees
- Erosion Distrit, Vice Chair
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Transportation Planning Organization
- Treasure Coast Council of Local Governments
- Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council
- Treasure Coast Education Research Development Authority
- Value Adjustment Board
Others Boards and Committees
- Florida Association of Counties, Board member and former Chair of the Finance & Transportation Committee
- Leadership St. Lucie, Class 28 (the best class), Valedictorian and class member
- Florida American Planning Association, Former Section Chair (2009-2013), representing Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie & Okeechobee Counties
- Sawgrass Lakes Homeowners Association, Board Vice Chair
- College Preparatory Academy of the Treasure Coast, Founding Board Member
- St. Lucie County Education Foundation Board
- Licensed Private Pilot
* Please note: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses and emails are public records and available for inspection and examination by any person desiring to do so. If you do not want your e-mail address or email released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone.