District 2: Tod Mowery
Commissioner Tod Mowery is a married father of two children whose professional career spans both private and public sectors. His public experience includes time spent as an economic development director in Tennessee and 10 years in city management, including Michigan and Jupiter, Florida, where he was the assistant town manager and project coordinator for the recruitment of the Scripps Research Institute (a $670 million deal). His private sector experience includes managing and now owning a local consulting practice providing services in economic development, landscape architecture, land planning and environmental consulting.
Commissioner Mowery is very involved locally in area civic and community projects. He and his wife Deborah coordinated the children's ministry at their church, where he also served as a Deacon. Commissioner Mowery is very active in missions and humanitarian projects in Haiti, where he regularly leads teams overseas or volunteers locally with Missionary Flights. He has been an active recreation and competitive soccer coach with the local MAKO soccer program. Outside of the County Commission Board appointments, he is extremely involved in various organizations and boards as shown in the “other” list below. During his career, he also lived overseas in both Zambia Africa and in Geneva, Switzerland.
Commissioner Mowery has a bachelor's degree in business management and a master's degree in urban and regional planning from the University of Tennessee. His wife is a local teacher and an eight-year army vet (combat medic). They have been in Florida since 2005.
Boards and Committees
- Erosion Distrit, Vice Chair
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Transportation Planning Organization
- Treasure Coast Council of Local Governments
- Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council
- Treasure Coast Education Research Development Authority
- Value Adjustment Board
Others Boards and Committees
- Florida Association of Counties, Board member and former Chair of the Finance & Transportation Committee
- Leadership St. Lucie, Class 28 (the best class), Valedictorian and class member
- Florida American Planning Association, Former Section Chair (2009-2013), representing Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie & Okeechobee Counties
- Sawgrass Lakes Homeowners Association, Board Vice Chair
- College Preparatory Academy of the Treasure Coast, Founding Board Member
- St. Lucie County Education Foundation Board
- Licensed Private Pilot
* Please note: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses and emails are public records and available for inspection and examination by any person desiring to do so. If you do not want your e-mail address or email released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone.